Get the Right Message..........To the Right , Targeted Electors ...............at least 3-5 Times .........in a Variety of Ways and Through a Variety of People
STRATEGIC OVERVIEW .
- Our Advantages - Our Disadvantages
- Opponent's Advantages - Opponents Disadvantages
- District Research and Polling
- How many votes will it take to Win ? - Where are they ?
- What are my people thinking?
- What is my Message ?
-How will I get it out ?
-What budget do we need to win ?
- Where will we get the Money ?
- What is the worst that can happen ?
- What we will do about it ?
- Assessment of facts overview of race
- General Strategy : What will we do ?
- Targeting : How many votes and where will we get them ?
- Message : Slogan , Theme, Issues and Style
- Budget : How much will we spend and on what ?
- Fund raising : Where will we get the money and when ?
Timeline : What happens when ?
Conclusion : How will we position ourselves against our opponent?
- Why are you running?
- How will you win ?
- What have you ever done for me ?
- What do you hope to accomplish ?
- What is your slogan ?
- What issues will you Choose ?
THE TEN GOLDEN RULES
1- Find One Plan That Works
2- What you do , Do Well.
3- Limit your meetings
4- Watch your friends
5- Target Your Message, Repeat it .
6- Assume Nothing.
7- Resist Control
8- Stay Informed
9- Take Nothing Personally .
10- Ask for Help .
MYTH ABOUT POLLS
- Tell Candidates what to Think
- Cost too much for a small campaign to afford
- Volunteers can do just as good a job as any paid pollster ( and the candidate can use the savings on something else )
- Polls just tell the candidates what they want to hear .
- I already have a consultant ; I do not need a pollster .